Custom microbes, at your service. EUROAPI is a global provider of high-quality custom microbial process development and manufacturing for pharmaceutical companies of all kinds.
From proteins and enzymes to yeasts and actinomycetes, our expertise spans a wide range of GMO and non-GMO microorganisms procured in our 6,000m³ of fermentation capacity in France and Italy. And we constantly meet all rigorous pharmaceutical, environmental, health, and safety standards.
Leading the fermentation transformation
Two joint R&D and production sites in Elbeuf, France and Brindisi, Italy comprise our end-to-end expertise in small molecule production, ranging from strain engineering to commercial-scale manufacturing.
Delivered across 27 countries
From development to market, including Vitamin B12 & Rifampicin
Research & development
State-of-the-art labs and a 10m³ pilot plant combine to drive our proactive, early-stage development agenda. Our special facilities include a dedicated proteins and enzymes unit and a Center of Excellence developing high-yield antibiotic strains.
Both of our fermentation manufacturing sites enjoy long-standing, successful regulatory track records, and operate under cGMP regulations and FDA approval.
Automated lab fermenters & disposable cell containers of up to 40L
Off-gas in-line analysis
Standardized data control system
Analytical equipment including HPLC, UPLC, SEC, GC, various MS detectors, physicochemical TNA methods for nitrosamines
DSP equipment including microfiltration, nanofiltration, automated chemical reactors, tangential flow filtration, and a Kühni column for liquid extraction
Organic-phase hemi-synthesis chemistry
Our robust upstream (USP) and downstream (DSP) processing capabilities have been designed to support the entire life cycle of your projects, from strain optimization to process development and scale-up.
- 20+ multipurpose fermenters, total capacity 2000+m³
- Pilot & industrial-scale fermentation from 1m³-120m³
- Recovery purification & hemi-synthesis in batch and continuous modes, including a broad range of industrial technologies for downstream & purification processes.
- Membrane filtration technologies including Resin Adsorption Chromatography
- Liquid-liquid extraction, solvent swap, crystallization, and drying
- Particle size control, plus various dryer types depending on product needs
- Seven classified areas for packaging intermediates and final APIs
- Production of APIs for sterile applications
- Wastewater treatment stations & solvent recovery units (80-99.5% recovery)