Steroids & hormones
Steroid and hormone production has been a core activity at EUROAPI since the field’s inception nearly a century ago. Today, we produce over 20 APIs with a steroid skeleton via complex chemical routes, and using our unique know-how.
Research & development
We have two R&D expertise units:
- Our site in Újpest, Hungary, where 100 scientists are dedicated to small molecule and steroid development,
- Our site in Vertolaye, France, where we have a staff of over 700 experienced in corticosteroids. This is also our Center of Excellence in Particle Engineering.
Since 2010, we have been investing in innovative, sustainable processes backed by integrated manufacturing capabilities including an advanced expertise in jet milling.
In our Vertolaye production site alone, we produce more than 70 APIs and hundreds of isolated intermediates.
This site is ISO14001 certified, and regurarly inspected by various health authorities.
A suite of variable-sized equipment and advanced technologies ensure that we constantly deliver to the highest standards.
- Filter & tumble dryers
- Industrial-scale preparative column purification
- Gas introduction
- Very low temperatures (-80°C)
- Organometallic chemistry (alkylithium & Grignard reagent handling)