EUROAPI announces new, global R&D structure to accelerate innovation in CDMO and API Solutions
EUROAPI announces new, global R&D structure
to accelerate innovation in CDMO and API Solutions
May 2, 2023
EUROAPI announces a new, global R&D structure to enable Contract Development and Manufacturing Organization (CDMO) growth, improve processes, extend the API portfolio, and drive future innovation. In order to become a more flexible, agile and science driven organization with project delivery and customer satisfaction, the Group is moving from a regional to a functional model.
With the ultimate goal of being a global leader for process research and development, EUROAPI is changing the organization from six regional departments to five technological platforms:
- Small Molecules Early stage
- Small Molecules Late stage
- Peptides & Oligonucleotides
- Particle Engineering & Unit Operation Design
“Our New R&D Organization with 380 employees, of which 45% are PhDs or engineers, allows for a real networking of technology platforms and makes us a key business enabler for EUROAPI,” said Thierry Durand, Chief Research & Development Officer. “It guarantees effective and optimal use of our assets per technology, improved project focus and execution, continuous support to our manufacturing operations and internal projects whilst being prepared for future growth.”
- The Small Molecules Early Stage Platform focuses on development and clinical batch manufacturing for CDMO projects up to Phase 2. It has development units in Budapest.
- The Small Molecules Late Stage Platform focuses on development for CDMO projects from Phase 3. It has development units in Frankfurt, Budapest and Vertolaye.
- The Peptide and Oligonucleotide Platform focuses on development and clinical batch manufacturing for CDMO projects up to Phase 3. It has development units in Frankfurt.
- The Biotechnology Platform focuses on development for CDMO projects in fermentation. It has development units in Brindisi and Elbeuf.
- The Particle Engineering and Unit Operation Design Platform supports CDMO regarding spray drying, micronization, design and optimization of chemical and biochemical process operations through data science and chemical engineering/process safety. It has development units in Haverhill, Vertolaye, Frankfurt and Budapest.
R&D reshaping is a first step of EUROAPI transformation initiative to become a more responsive and customer-centric organization. These changes in R&D are part of a company-wide transformation program, to ensure the operating structure is adapted to the business model and addresses the evolving market conditions. This program focuses on streamlining and simplifying processes and tools, reinforcing the operational and commercial excellence strategy and accelerating the CDMO roadmap.